Monday, 13 August 2012

Why?

This evening I thought I'd have a look at my statcounter stats - it's been at least a couple of months since I last looked.

My eye was immediately drawn to the very odd google search term "is there something wrong about peter hitchins" (sic) which linked to my post last month on Sir Arthur Harris. It was tenth in popularity on the list. I have amended the title of original post because I want people to discover my opinions on Sir Arthur Harris and British area bombing policy in WW2 directly (those terms put my post fifth on the search list) instead of via a search about a journalist.

Why would anyone google that question? Beyond the usual concern for another person, who cares?

If Peter Hitchens is concerned about the identity of the searcher, I tracked the IP back to a Mac user whose ISP is Be Un Limited and who lives in Oxford.

No comments: