Thursday, 5 July 2012

Previous Post Removed - An Apology

I can't afford to be sued for libel so I've removed the previous post and unreservedly apologise for causing offence to anyone who was offended by it.

Update 6 July 2012: Following yesterday's correspondence I will reinstate the original post and publish Peter Hitchens' comments on it. My offer to him of the opportunity to publish a rebuttal on this blog with full editorial freedom and equal prominence stands. Email me at GallimaufryandChips AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk instead of the previous  incorrect "com" suffix.

6 comments:

Peter Hitchens said...

Who threatened to sue?

Brian said...

I simply made a statement of fact.

Peter Hitchens said...

Well, I was interested in dismantling your poor arguments, ad hominem sallies and inadequate facts. I certainly made no threat to sue, and would hate anyone to have got that impression

Brian said...

Peter Hitchens is a very nice man.

Brian said...

For an accessible and balanced view of the Bomber Command Area Bombing controversy I recommend Bomber Boys by Patrick Bishop.

Brian said...

As Peter Hitchens made no threat to sue is it now possible to restore the post?

I offer him the opportunity to rebut my post on this blog with complete editorial freedom and equal prominence. My email address is gallimaufryandchips AT hotmail DOT com. I look forward to having my poor arguments, ad hominem sallies and inadequate facts demolished by blockbusters.

I attacked his original article and follow-up because Marshal of the RAF Sir Arthur Harris GCB OBE AFC has been unable to defend himself for twenty eight years.