Monday, 31 January 2011

New Blog Design

I thought I'd copy Wrinkled Weasel's idea and have a thorough change of look.
This is probably the only blog made from wood so it's sustainable and, if you have the right software loaded, probably smells of sawdust. Mmmm..... However, despite the easypeasy Blogger templates and tools, I still spent a couple of hours fiddling with it because of the 95:5 rule of anything. 5% of the work takes 95% of the time and effort. That 5% was the choice of fonts and colours. I'm a bloke, that oughtn't matter, but it did. So I'm happy with it for now but I wonder if a blackboard design would be simpler and purer.
I now understand the why the inventors of WD-40 (mmmm.... that and Ducktape are vital - one to loosen the other to join together, the yin and yang of DIY) were obsessed with perfection. WD-27 onwards were probably good enough but they were only happy to sell WD-40. I bet a bloke's working in a lab on WD-168 as I write. Would it be more powerful or able to loosen more things? We may never know.

9 comments:

Jim Baxter said...

Is that a cethedral door then? Nailing your thoughts to a cathedral door is considered a good way to get the word out.

Wrinkled Weasel said...

Great fun but hard to read. I do like it though.

Brian said...

Jim, Weasel, Many thanks. Do you know how I could put my posts on a creamy white paper background with a handmade iron nail at the top? I haven't got Martin Luther's email.

Jim Baxter said...

He's still using cathedral doors or 'nail-mail'.

Yes,the cathedral door was the blogspot of its day. Nothing changes you see?. Well, the technology does a bit but not the principle.

The black lettering is kinder on my feeble lamps.

Brian said...

I think this is a bit easier to read - less visual clutter to filter out. It's more of an ad-hoc notice board look, of which many were set up in bombed out towns. Or a Democracy Wall only that was brick.

Nail-mail - genius!

Wrinkled Weasel said...

Perfect. Don't change anything!

Brian said...

If only you'd waited another week to write that. I'm not wearing these underpants for another month.

Wrinkled Weasel said...

Oh.

Brian said...

The eighth of the month is clean boxers day, whether needed or not.