Wednesday, 14 July 2010

How To Annoy Market Research Callers


It was a trunk call

I had a telephone call this afternoon from an Indian-accented chap calling himself "David Lewis" who asked if I was Mr X as he wanted to do a short, one minute long, "Lifestyle Research" survey. I said that I charge £10 for charity to answer market research surveys and requested that his company made the donation to Help for Heroes.

"David Lewis" then said that I was a very cheap person for only asking for £10 as he would have demanded £1,000 or £2,500 and that I could have just said I wasn't interested. Let's hope the bloody nuisance gets trodden on by an elephant on his way home.

His number was 06468451876.

Gandhi and the Indian National Congress told us to "Quit India" and so we did on 15 August 1947. As far as I can tell, no part of the deal involved them following us back home or making unwanted phone calls to us.

3 comments:

James Higham said...

Oooooh, naughty.

Anonymous said...

polyadi mona devid lewis eathu india karan. . pudeada mona. .thayoli..

Anonymous said...

devid lewis enu peril india karano. .pundeada mona. .thayoli. .