Tuesday, 17 March 2009

British Jobs For British Workers No347

Or not in the case of the new "British" nuclear reactors. Apparently, the French company (85% state-owned) building them is ring-fencing a third of the contact for itself and British companies will have to compete with international competitors for the rest. So much for free trade and the single European market or whatever the Eurines call Franco-German chicanery this week. Mind you, given Gordon "Chamberlain" Brown's appeasement of the Iranians regarding nuclear power, most of the instruction manuals will need to be translated from Farsi. He is also prepared to reduce the size of the British nuclear deterrent to help world peace and disarmament. In other words, Gordon is admitting (although he will not admit to admitting) that Britain will be bankrupt when Trident needs replacing and only something along the lines of HMS Indefensible, as brilliantly forecast by Daily Referendum, will be affordable.
I'm going back to sawing up wood to ease my blood pressure.

7 comments:

LibertyMine said...

Excellent post. I wonder why we can't do these things ourselves, on our own, with our own designers, engineers, builders and so.

It's the same with those fictional aircraft carriers. They have been running joke since perhaps 2002 or 2003. Every year whichever muppet was in charge of the MoD would come out "announce" the super carriers. Thales of course behind this one.

I liked the "Chamberlain" Brown line, very appropriate.

James Higham said...

Cathartic, sawing wood. Incidentally, there'll be something in your line tomorrow.

Gallimaufry said...

I hope you're not planning to scoop my post on the different types of saws - at the last count I have six all with a specific purpose. I have never needed a floorboard saw and find that my trusty bow saw is adequate for tree pruning.

Thud said...

I use my billhook on my tree population when fuming at idiocy of a Brownian nature,gotta love a good billhook.

Gallimaufry said...

I agree that much pleasure can be derived by using a billhook http://www.billhooks.co.uk/ (for the innocent)- mine's the Warwickshire/Leicestershire pattern ideal for Midland style hedging. I use a slasher as well for undergrowth and bramble clearing.

Thud said...

I find ebay as usual a great place for buying what I suppose now are all obscure makes and types of billhooks...collectable and usable whilst cheap...happy days!

Gallimaufry said...

Well that's where I bought mine!