Sunday, 28 September 2008

Topsy-Turvy Government

It is odd that our government has recently divested itself of our stake in British Energy, thus placing all the UK's nuclear power-stations in the hands of French state-owned EdF, while at the same time buying up failed banks run into the ground by gambling chimps who waltz away stuffed with bonuses.
If a supermarket chain becomes financially doddery, will Gordon flog off the Royal Air Force to realise the readies to nationalise tens of thousands of trolleys and chillers in order to prevent a catatastrophe in the food supply industry? What is the limit of McBroon's expansionism?

4 comments:

James Higham said...

Some bizarre decisions here, to be sure.

James Higham said...

Clearly Gordon feels he has his priorities right.

Gallimaufry said...

Apologies for the delay in moderating comments. I'm in the middle of an overwork and depression crisis so I don't feel like posting either because everything appears so pointless and stupid. And nothing I can say or do will remedy matters.

TBRRob said...

gambling chimps -- that's one of the best terms I've heard in ages.

I might get myself some and start a financial firm.