Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Londoners Complain They Have To Pay For The London Olympics

Typical. Since the 2012 Games are to be held in London with the exception of the rowing (Eton College), mountainbiking (Essex) and sailing (Weymouth and Portland) events* and all the building work is taking place there, the Cockneys ought to pay for the blessed thing.
We Midlanders remember the farce of the England national football stadium project when local councils were encouraged to spend money developing a design next to the NEC and Birmingham International airport and station. Unknown to all except the FA and MinSport, it had already been decided to build the new stadium at centrally placed Wembley in North London.

Can I be excused games please and read in the library instead?

*Update: football will be played at stadiums throughout the UK except NI despite the fact that there will be no Team Yuk playing - all the little boys have to have their own teams.

4 comments:

William Gruff said...

I'm sure I wrote a comment on this post. Did you delete it?

Gallimaufry said...

Good to see you back gruff, I've been wondering where you've been as no new blog posts. No comment received from you or anyone else on this topic so I assume that England agrees with me. I hope you and yours are well.

William Gruff said...

We are all well thank you G, I think. The lack of blog posts is down to too many distractions, a disorganised mind and lack of 'muse'.

I think I know what happened to the comment (Mrs Gruff sharing the PC). I can't recall what I wrote but the substance of it was that I disagree with you. The cost of hosting the Olympic farce should be borne by the 'U'K entire.

Gallimaufry said...

Well I'm not going to publish that! You've got me thinking though. Why not retitle it the Olympic Highland Games and send all invoices to the North British Day Centre for Deluded Malcontents for payment.