Wednesday, 6 August 2008

A Dog's Life

We're dogsitting my brother's six year-old black lab, Natasha, at the moment. She is the perfect house guest, no mess, eats everything within range and goes to bed at 9pm sharp - if we can get her out of her bed before then for anything other than a walk. She barked at the postman today (wearing shorts) and then barked at me out of absent-mindedness because I (wearing long trousers) walked down the drive five minutes after the postman. I suppose it's a complicated life for a dog remembering at whom to bark (more of a muffled woof).
Here's a photo of her ladyship three hours before dinner getting a power nap.

4 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Haha now that's a cat like pose!

CherryPie said...

Love the photo, it makes me smile :-)

sally in norfolk said...

better behaved than my 2 teenage sons love the photo BTW

Liz said...

They know how relax, dogs!