Saturday, 2 August 2008

Aargh My Vanity Counters Are Gone

Due to a glitch with IE7 (Thanks Theo for providing the solution) not liking Sitemeter today (why today?) I couldn't open my blog. So I've had to delete Sitemeter and return to the assumption that I've got a dozen or so readers and the remaining hits are me checking to see how many people have viewed the blog.
Message to computer software engineers: if you have to stop every few miles, have a look under the bonnet and twiddle, replace and reinstall parts would you be happy with your car manufacturer? So why not develop software that works without patches or work arounds?

Update: I've refitted with Statcounter. How depressing to have 1 visitor!

8 comments:

I Albion said...

you have another one now.

Gallimaufry said...

Many thanks for visiting the site.

Liz said...

You have had 20 now!

I felt like my oxygen supply had been cut off when I couldn't get onto my blog this morning. I'm sure that's not healthy!

I couldn't work out how to remove Sitemeter if I couldn't get onto my blog but someone suggested downloading Firefox and I'm using that with no problems.

Gallimaufry said...

I saved my blogger dashboard as a favourite and was able to get in that way to fix the problem.
By the way, Liz's blog is well worth reading.

CherryPie said...

I think you will love Statcounter when you get used to it. It has neat ways of drilling down into different areas of the stats which can be quite useful!

William Gruff said...

I rather like having fewer than twenty visitors a day; I write for my own amusement and don't care who, if anyone, reads my rubbish.

Aileni said...

I have StatCounter, Neoworx (colourful), Feedjit(cheerful) and Google Analytics. I'm not obsessed!
I am here because the latter showed you had visited yesterday.Reminded me that I had not welcomed you to BlogHounds... welcome.
There is one thing about not knowing when you have visits and that is not knowing they are peeking but never speaking.

Gallimaufry said...

Many thanks Aileni for your kind welcome. You are not obsessed!